On Page Optimization That Drives Targeted Website Visitors
Business Ideas for writing with keywords; There are over 3 billion searches made each month which is a huge number. What you want are the searchers that are looking for the keyword phrases that you are targeting. One of the ways to increase the odds that you get those visits is through on page optimization.
Back in February 2011 Google unveiled its “Panda” algorithm which was designed to preclude spammy and low value, no value sites from appearing in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). All of the old rules were basically tossed out the window and the new focus was on quality content that delivered real value to searchers.
The losers when this new system was put in effect were those sites that had keyword stuffed articles, content farms that allowed any piece of junk to be placed on them in order to build backlinks, articles that offered no value to the searcher, article spinners and black hat traffic generating schemes.
For serious internet marketers and webmasters these new developments should be a welcomed step because now it’s not about trying to find the secret sauce for traffic but doing what you do best, informing or entertaining the visitor while putting into parctice the on page optimization skills that are needed.
But One Old Rule Is Still In Effect – On Page Optimization Keys
Under the Panda plan off page optimization, getting quality backlinks plays a major role in where your page will rank. However, Google still needs to know what your page is about and that means you need on page optimization as well. Listed below are 5 keys to getting Google’s attention and getting your page ranked:
- Include your targeted keyword phrase in the title of the page. For example if you have a dog training site and you have a page that deals with training terriers and your targeted keyword is how to housebreak terriers then the title of the page should be yourdomain.com/how-to-housebreak-terriers. Use dashes rather than underscores as they are easier to replicate.
- Your targeted keyword should be included in the page’s Meta description. The Meta description is what Google often picks up to list under your link. Meta descriptions can be up to 160 characters and give you a chance to “sell” the page in the Blurb.
- Include your targeted keyword in the page’s headline (h1 tag). Google spiders scan headlines and sub headers to get a feel for what the page includes. You don’t have to use the same keyword over and over in sub headers but do use phrases that are relevant.
- Use the targeted phrase sparingly in the content of your page. Make sure that its use does not appear to be forced and flows naturally in the story telling. Try to include it in the first and last paragraph.
- Internal and external links to relevant pages is viewed as added value. Providing links within the content that allows the visitor to navigate to more information is a plus in the Panda system.
So that’s the quick rundown on how to get targeted website visitors using on page optimization. Give it a try on your next piece of content and see if you don’t get better results. Your Business Ideas can be put to work for you positively and you can start earning income from your home business; write like your life depends upon it.
To help with your On Page Optimization I would recommend the SEO plugin provided by Yoast.