Posted by admin on January 29, 2012 in Backlinks
, Website Development
Smart Link Building
Keeping your Site out of the Sandbox of Nothingness
By now the majority of webmasters are already aware of the algorithm updates performed by the biggest search engine on the web. We are all aware that Google is now using real humans to rate every website’s popularity. Thus, we have been told that page ranking is now more focused on quality content and links. The conventional methods of search engine optimization and link building have been outdated; we need to produce high quality content and practice Smart Link Building.
The Panda update has significantly impacted most websites’ search engine optimization and link building strategies. This is obvious since most of the sites which have been enjoying their place on first page for their target keywords reported that after the update, their sites drastically plummeted on SERPs. Now this calls for smart link building. So here are some tips on how to stay out of the sandbox with Smart Link Building – while continuing to dominate your site’s competition.
Create Natural Backlinks
- Ensure that the host of the webpage where your backlinks are created has a unique IP address.
- Ensure that the backlinks you create are created on unique web pages, which means nothing on the page itself is duplicated elsewhere.
- Ensure that the web page you put your backlinks on are relevant to your site.
Dominate the competition
- You can always choose to be ahead of the game by ensuring that your link building campaign is updated and consistent. Since most search engines send out spiders regularly, it is just sensible to perform a consistent link building campaign.
The best places to acquire links
Gone are the days when link wheels, reciprocal links and farm generated links can get you to the first page. Most search engine algorithms are now geared towards user experience. So here are the best places to acquire backlinks from:
- Directories – submitting your site to directories has always been beneficial in terms of search engine indexing and crawling. It enables any site to build a good reputation on the web since directories are trusted by search engines.
- PR Sites – press release sites are great places to acquire quality links from at the same time to introduce your new business on the web. They enable you to promote what your business offers and how it can provide solutions to your target audience’s needs. Take note that it’s important to know how to write quality targeted content when creating press releases so you better find a good writer.
- Article directories – while there are rumors that the popularity of content farms have been drastically degraded, article directories can still be considered great places to link to since they are always updated with quality content. Again, you need to ensure you know how to write quality targeted content.
- Getting backlinks from High PR Websites.
Link popularity will always be part of any search engine optimization’s campaign since this is one way of establishing connections with people on the web. When done properly, smart link building can get you all the way to the top of SERPs and out of the sandbox.
Link Building Suggestions:
- Reciprocal Exchanges – These are fantastic at getting you off the starting block with link building. Simply create a ‘partners’ page on your site or blog and place a small message with contact details for web masters who wish to exchange links with you. Next, do a simple Google search and find those sites which complement yours and drop them an email. Make sure that a link out to their site will offer some value to your visitors (and the link back will add value to the site you are reciprocating with).Be polite, straight to the point and, if possible, address the site owner by name, when requesting the exchange. Also, provide evidence that you have visited their site and mention the benefits of the arrangement. Avoid generic, impersonal reciprocal link requests, as they will only get treated as spam.You may wish to consider adding their site to your page first so they can see you are legitimate. Remember, that the most valuable links tend not to be of the reciprocal kind, so do not spend too long here, and do not build up massive ‘directory-like’ partner pages.
- Link Lists – A variation on the standard article, people simply cannot resist linking to link lists such as ‘Top 10 ways to…or the 10 steps to…’ style articles. Submit these to article sites and THEN to social networking pages too. If you place them on your site, add a social network linking button such as ‘addme.com’ to make it easier for your visitors. You’ll be surprised by the number of backlinks this can generate!
- Press Releases and Syndication – Press releases are great ways of telling the world about your new site and/or new product. They need to be written well so don’t rush them, or if grammar isn’t your thing, hire somebody to do it for you. These will then get syndicated to news sites across the world and if an online web master or journo likes your stuff, the link potential is astronomical!