How to set up your Google Adsense account!
For those of us who have websites that generate a handful of visitors, Google Adsense is a fantastic online revenue program which helps us publishers (website or blog owners) make some cash from the visitors we receive on our sites.
Its a really simple concept that sees Google place advertisements on parts of your page that you decide to hand over to Google. They then select the right ads and before you know it, people are clicking on your ads and you’re earning! It may not be bank breaking amounts, but it all adds up over the month and can be a nice little earner!
Choosing the best advertisers:
Google Adsense will automatically choose the best advertisers to display on your site, however if you decide that a particular advertiser isn’t to your liking, you can even opt to block them from showing up on your site or blog. There are a few things to do before you can start making money from Google Adsense. They are:
Steps you need to take:
1) First of all you need to apply for a Google Adsense account. You can do this by visiting the Google homepage and clicking on the ‘Advertising Programs’ link at the bottom, underneath the search bar. You’ll need to complete a few details and your website information before submitting to Google for approval.
This process can take a few days but to speed it up here are a few points you need to make certain you get right.
- Make sure the email address you submit is accessible and one you can use regularly as this is where Google will send any emails to.
- Second make sure your website has some original content and not just copied articles from others websites. This is known as plagiarism and Google hates it!
- Thirdly make sure you can navigate around your site pretty easily and DO NOT display any racist, sexual or adult content. If you do, Google will reject your website right away!
2) After a few days you will receive an email from Google telling you your account has been activated.
- You should now log in right away and go to ‘My Account’ and then ‘Payment Details’. Here you should add your payment details if you want Google to send your earnings to your bank account by electronic transfer. Google will send you a ‘test deposit’ of a small amount. Once this appears in your account, log in to your Adsense account and verify the amount Google sent you. This will mean EFT is now your default payment method! Make sure you do this by the 15th of the month as this is the cut off deadline for payments, otherwise you’ll need to wait until the following month before receiving any payments.
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve completed the above steps, you’ll be ready to add the Google Adsense code to your web pages and begin earning for each click you receive!
To watch your progress you can also sign up for Google Analytics.
Photo Courtesy of: DigitalArt