Posted by admin on June 8, 2011 in Backlinks
Get Backlinks Naturally
Further to our posts on Link Building, we thought you would like to hear our tips on how to Get Backlinks Naturally, without actually sending out link requests.
- Engage in social media to get backlinks – This means not limiting your activity on social media to just shouting out messages, but also responding to your friends and followers and relaying other people’s useful content.
- Get backlinks with your content: It may sound obvious, but you should write high quality, original content that people will naturally want to link to. To keep it original, look at what’s happening in your area and be the first to write about it.
- Use trending tools to find out what people are really interested in right now, and write content accordingly. These tools include Twitter search, Google Insights, Google trends, Technorati and more.
- People love video. Equip yourself with a flip video camera and upload some good quality, eye-catching videos. Ideas include interviewing your customers and employees, and recording your presence at public events such as trade fairs.
- As well as text, video and graphical content, you need to think in terms of the functionality of your website. What features can you have developed which will engage your audience? When you browse the Web you’ll come across tax calculators, weather forecasting tools, Twitter and Facebook apps, inquiry forms, chat and help desk tools of all sorts. Perhaps you can write a specification for some kind of calculator or even a game and go and get it developed for inclusion on your site.
- When you’ve added new content to your website, use social media to draw it to people’s attention.
If what we’ve mentioned here doesn’t appeal to you, you can post articles on a Zine or somewhere like HubPages or Squidoo to get backlinks as well. Build your website with relevant content that you’ve researched, stay current and market your business well.