Business Ideas – Get Paid for Playing Video Games
Are you a big time gamer who loves staying at home, doing nothing but playing video games? Do you want to be productive? This post contains profitable business ideas that will teach you how to start a business playing videos games. Earn income from the comfort of your favorite chair.
Home based job opportunities and business ideas are everywhere on the web. The sad thing is – it somehow intimidates people who are yet to learn how to start a business online. Most home-based opportunities and business ideas require time and some even need financial investments.
It is just rare to find business ideas which will encourage even the couch potato who knows nothing but playing video games. So this is one of those business ideas that can help you earn while continuing what you love to do – playing video games.
How to get started
Testing video games is a home-based job that offers income opportunities. Since most video game creators need to ensure nothing goes wrong with their games before releasing them to the public, somebody needs to test them first. That’s where a game tester comes in.
So how do you find these creators you can test games with? A simple Google search can do it, but it’s always best to find a friend or relatives who have tried the job out and made money from it. Just like any job opportunities and business ideas, video game testing has been used for scamming people too.
What’s in store for you
Based on the feedback and reviews we’ve gathered online, most video game testing sites offer several benefits when you join them. Most of these websites require minimal fees while some other offer free sign ups. Some of the benefits of becoming a video tester are the following:
- You get to play the game first before it’s advertised or released.
- You earn by responding to online surveys that come with the program.
- You can also participate in focus group discussions sponsored by the video game creators. Active participation is paid hourly.
- You can earn by giving your reviews on video movie trailers that will be used as teasers.
- You can also acquire free product samples such as game consoles, controllers, and more when you give them reviews on these products.
How it works
Usually, you will be sent a CD, or be given a link that you can visit online to start testing video games. What you need to watch out for are bugs that cause latency during the game. You need to report this by responding to a series of questions provided with the game you are testing.
So why NOT video game testing?
- Not all have the skills and expertise to identify what bug.
- it is painstaking to find a legitimate source on this opportunity
- Find out more on Video Game Testing here.
While video game testing appears to be one of the business ideas that you can convert to cash, it requires expertise to do the actual task and more importantly, you need to work hard finding legitimate sources. Learning how to start a business testing video games is a great opportunity, but it’s not for everyone.